Friday, April 20, 2012

Couponing to help those in need

In recently occurred to me that many times I let my coupons expire simply because I do not need that like or don't use that item in our household. This saddens me a great deal because often I let great deals slip away that could benefit someone else. In my recent job search I ended up looking at volunteer positions and came across my local homeless shelters website. In the side bar it listed items that they were in need of. What I realized though is many of the items on the list I often get inexpensively and even for Free. What better way to utilize coupons we do not need for ourselves, and use them to purchase Free items that can be donated to those who need them.





So I got out a box & labeled it DONATE.
 This box takes up hardly any space and simply sits on the top shelf of our bookcase in our "Office/Craft Room."






Contents in my donate box
I then went around my house and found all the unopened items we do not use, and any free samples that were of a decent size (our shelter actually asked for hotel/sample size items) and placed them in the box.




 


I intend to place items in the DONATE box whenever I find an item on the shelters list, or purchase a FREE item using coupons. At the end of each month if the box is full I will take it down to the homeless shelter. What a great way to help others and by doing something that I already do: Coupon! I simply love this idea.
Let me know in the comment section if any of you do the same type of Donation by using coupons. I would love to hear your stories! So go out there and coupon and make a difference in the world and remember....

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment